“The Aral Sea, Uzbekistan. It used to be the fourth largest lake in the world, an ocean to the desert nations of Central Asia. Now they call it the white desert – for of the sea remains only salt. And it is the only place where this story could be told.
Residue is a “cinematic” game experience that blends exploration and platforming in a tightly directed progression through 13 content-packed chapters, all set in the same interconnected world. The player alternates between playing three different characters.
* Real-world setting: The vanished Aral Sea in Central Asia, peppered with artifacts of an all too real history.
* A world imagined: Eerily detailed, vibrant HD art, closely based on photos from the Aral Sea and filled with secrets.
* Something to say: Experience a non-violent, thought-provoking, fully voiced story concerning the cost of saving worlds, without giving up control.
* Exploration: Explore an interconnected game world using three characters with very different abilities.
* Variety, variety, variety: From climbing to exploring to diving to navigating pitch-black corridors, integrating new gameplay elements at every turn.
* Captivating Soundtrack: With many vocal tracks and an ethnic vibe, composed and produced by Joel Bille.”